MASHAALLEIN OR THE TUNGSTEN TORTURE

JO DIN KE UJAALE MAIN NA MILA,DIL DHONDHE AISE SAPNE KO,IS RAAT KI JAGMAG MAIN DOOBA- MAIN DHONDH RAHA HOON APNE KO...

Saturday, July 09, 2005

LIFE, LIFE

I tailored the age to fit me.
We walked to the south, raising dust above the steppe;
The tall weeds fumed; the grasshopper danced,
Touching its antenna to the horse-shoes - and it prophesied,
Threatening me with destruction, like a monk.
I strapped my fate to the saddle;
And even now, in these coming times,
I stand up in the stirrups like a child.

I'm satisfied with deathlessness,
For my blood to flow from age to age.
Yet for a corner whose warmth I could rely on
I'd willingly have given all my life,
Whenever her flying needle
Tugged me, like a thread, around the globe.


-
Arseny Tarkovsky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home